Note: items marked with an asterisk (*) are optional
- 1 lb. chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1/4 chopped onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped*
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh basil leaves, chopped
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add in chicken and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown on the sides and almost cooked through.
Transfer the chicken to a bowl
Sauté onions, mushrooms and garlic until tender
Add chicken, top with chopped tomatoes, oregano, basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Place your casserole into the preheated oven, uncovered, and bake for 18-20 minutes, just until cheese is melty and sauce is bubbling at the bottom of the dish.
Remove from the oven, cover, and allow casserole to rest for 5 minutes, then garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!