Mayo? No you may-NOT. This summer side is sure to be a crowd pleaser and is packed with fresh herbs. Best of all, it’s clean! Serve at room temperature to compliment grilled chicken or fish.
- 3 pounds red or fingerling potatoes
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar , divided
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small red onion , sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons green onion
Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of kosher salt, and cook the potatoes until tender, about 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain well.
As soon as the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half and place them in a large mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk the avocado oil, vinegar, mustard, kosher salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and gently toss. Add the sliced onion and minced herbs and toss again. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled. Keeps in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.